I’m catching up here (after the holidays, naturally) and didn’t realize I hadn’t posted my ten latest list, so there will be nearly two posts back-to-back, but whatevs, right?
This one includes the last couple of films I caught at Indie Memphis, the L.A. Premiere of QUALITY PROBLEMS at New Filmmakers L.A., a benefit screening of FERRIS BUELLER to benefit my friend, and Dallas’s legendary personality Devin Pike, some eclectic choices on VOD and DVD, the first holiday movie, and the irony of watching Chris Nolan’s totally shot in film DUNKIRK on a plane as I headed home from Los Angeles.
So, let me see your latest ten films watched before some “shot on film” zealot or a Kodak ninja offs me in retaliation…
1. DUNKIRK (DIR: Christopher Nolan) – Plane
2. QUALITY PROBLEMS (DIRS: Brooke and Doug Purdy) – NewFilmmakers L.A.
3. THE BISHOP’S WIFE (DIR: Henry Koster) – DVD
4. THOR: RAGNAROK (DIR: Taika Waititi) – Theater
5. 40 YEARS IN THE MAKING; THE MAGIC MUSIC MOVIE (DIR: Lee Aronsohn) – screening link
6. BODY DOUBLE (DIR: Brian De Palma) – DVD
7. FERRIS BUELLER’S DAY OFF (DIR: John Hughes) – Theater
8. MICHAEL CLAYTON (DIR: Tony Gilroy) – VOD
9. MAYA DARDEL (DIRS: Zachary Cotler, Magdalena Zyzak) – Indie Memphis
10. SAMMY DAVIS JR.: I’VE GOTTA BE ME (DIR: Samuel D. Pollard) – Indie Memphis